homeAbout Meadoptionsponsorcontact photo g_zpsbad26645.png

August 6, 2012

BarreAmped = A Newborn Filly

Oh my stars.  What just happened? I JUST got home from my first ever BarreAmped class and wow; talk about a workout.  For about a year I've been hearing the buzz surrounding these barre classes (combines yoga, pilates, and ballet) and Ashley convinced me to buy a package and join her on the BarreAmped adventure. It definitely lived up to the hype.  I feel energized and refreshed annnnddd my  muscles are in a state of utter shock. Total and utter shock. At the end of class I breathed a major sigh of relief that I had somehow made it through the hour and I laughed at how I may or may not need help getting down the stairs.  Muscles. Shaking.  

As I walked out the door I joked that I looked like a newborn filly trying to walk for the first time, and after finding this video I knew my analogy was 100% correct.

This was how I looked the first 15 minutes after class.  Not kidding.

For the love of everything good make sure you watch 39 seconds to 43 seconds.  I call that an impressive "shuffle back."

Anyhow, Ashley and I laughed the whole way down the stairs as I hung onto the railing for dear life. I hear this is normal the first few classes.  The instructor kept telling us, "Shaking is good! It means your body is changing!"

On the way home I discovered my body wasn't the only thing in shock. I came to a complete stop at a GREEN light on the way home!!  Looks like barreamped made my brain a little mushy too... all that "align this hip with this foot while zipping up your core and breathing on the down beat..." before coffee put my brain on overload. Thankfully the people behind me honked nicely and I made it home safely.  I have two more classes this week... I have yet to decide if this is a wise choice, but I'm looking forward to it!  I heard in an interview once that you leave class feeling energized and refreshed and not drained or exhausted... and that's exactly how I feel (despite my inability to walk normally.) Can't wait for tomorrow!  I think...

12 comments:

Danielle said...

HAHA! This is awesome! Glad you tried it! I used to do the same thing before I started crossfit! It's a workout! xoxo

Faye said...

Wow that sounds like an interesting workout! Good luck with your next two classes! Faye x

Jamie said...

That video!! Too funny! Sounds like you've had an eventful morning! :)

Kara said...

Yes, if you do it right, any workout that is, you should feel energized and refreshed. Good for you for sticking it out, it sounds like a blast!

Hugs!
Kara
ShawnKaraAndHeidi.blogspot.com

Gentri said...

hahahahah!! That shuffle backwards is so funny and adorable I had to watch it a few times! Something you only see in cartoons. :)
Love that that's how you felt you looked. haha!

Joanna said...

never heard of these classes. I might have to try them out!

Stacy said...

That is HILARIOUS! Loved the video clip - I've already watched the stumbling backwards part 3 times :) This class sounds fun, I'll have to check them out. And by fun I mean terrifying!!

itsmekt said...

LOL, hah that is to funny! hopefully it doesnt take to much long for your body to adjust!

vintage grey said...

Oh my!! I don't think I would be able to do this class!! Best wishes for tomorrow! ;) xo Heather

Ashleigh Nichole said...

Sounds like you had an eventful time! I love the video too funny!

Brittany Stewart said...

Glad that you survived! I totally forgot about not being able to walk down the stairs after class! Brutal! LOVE the video! :)

Vanessa {www.vanillaroseblog.com} said...

Sounds like a pretty interesting workout! I've heard similar things about CrossFit as well!